Thursday, December 29, 2011

Arin Krin (The Garlic House)

Arin Krin (Garlic House) is quite known in Okinawa. I've been wanting to go there since my first week in Okinawa. We're so busy most of the times for paperwork and due to my hubby's schedule at work we did not have a chance to visit the place until last December 28. We did not make a reservation before coming there. It was Wednesday and it was not really a busy day so we expect it to be fine. Although it is recommended to make a reservation because when we went there it was not weekend but they still had a handful of customers.

I picked a table (as usual, the corner), and the lady who got our orders gave us the hand towel and water (it's free!). 
It's not hubby's first time so he knows pretty much what to order so he ordered:

 this...

and this...

and that.

Now we have Oolang Tea

and everything garlic!!!

Garlic Pizza
I got so excited with this. I really thought that this one is the best among everything we have on our table. Well, I wasn't wrong. :) 

Deep Fried Garlic
I tried this next because I have always loved fried foods. And I like garlic but never had deep fried garlic. I thought it was some kind of flour mixed with little water plus finely-chopped garlic. To my surprise, each ball is a clove of garlic, battered and deep fried. Brrrr. I like the batter though, LOL! 

Baked Whole Garlic
Well for this one (hhahaha)... I never really planned giving the garlic even a small bite or something. I'm good with the corn and the pizza is already filling (i'm but 5ft-woman,LOL). It's true though that time it was rather an excuse (hahahaha). Hubby begged me to try it so I gave it a shot. Woaaaahhh! It was not bad as I thought. In my opinion, it's better than the fried garlic. 

Garlic Fried Rice 
This is for hubby. It's not really very interesting to me because I could cook fried rice myself and my brother always cooks fried rice (really good fried rice, I'm so lucky!).

Over all, we love the food. Not very cheap but it was worth it.

This is how the restaurant looks like from where we were seated. It's natural and native. We like it although we would have liked it better if they had the small tables where we can sit on the floor (haha, I just love that because it makes me feel like I'm really in Japan).









Location: 1-9-11 Makiminato. Urasoe-City Okinawa, Japan
Hours: 5:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Phone: 098 877-3971




Directions: Arin Krin (The Garlic House) is located right off of HWY 58 heading south towards Naha. From the Kadena area, you will pass Camp Foster and continue heading towards Naha. When you reach the Urasoe area, make sure to stay to the left and not get on the bridge. Arin Krin will be a building right after Autobacs on the left hand side. It is across the street from a massive Pachinko stadium. The building will have creative garlic characters all over it. 
NOTE: Parking is a great issue. They only have less than 5 parking spaces for their customers. You should not park across the street if you don't like your car to be towed. We parked at the slot pachinko. 

No comments:

Post a Comment